ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT 2019-2021
TUSONGE in her strategic plan for 2019 -2023 identified key areas for the organization which needs capacity development. These areas when fully realized they will ultimately contribute to the realization of the overall goal of TUSONGE for five years which is: at least 3,500 people in the Kilimanjaro and Arusha region have sustainable livelihoods, enjoy their rights and leadership capacities to create self-reliance, prosperity, good health and local care economies.
To achieve this the following were identified as key areas for strategic interventions for capacity development.
- Review and ensure shared Values, norms, principles, societal vision and mission
Governance system which require TUSONGE Board to develop a sustainability policy like resource mobilization, Human resource, External relations, financial, procurement, gender, Safeguarding, environment and practices for its implementation by ensuring compliance and remain active for review as per need to ensure constant coping with the emerging changes in each context.
TUSONGE aim to reach 3,500 people in her ongoing programmes of which 80% Must be women.
- Shared understanding of TUSONGE underlying principles and core purpose i.e -vision and mission and values.
- Sustainability-TUSONGE own her own building which serves as offices and Learning center
TUSONGE has 14 policies which are active and guide on how to do things both within and out of TUSONGE
- Month management meetings which have generated lots of learning and shared, exchange of experience among staff.
- Strengthened and functional financial management and control systems.
- Enhanced collaboration and strategic support from local government structures strengthened to support the TUSONGE project at community levels.
- TUSONGE retained and recruit 11 motivated and professional staff to support implementation of the project activities
- Increased respect and protection of Rights of women, girls and PWDs by the communities starting from family levels.
- Livelihood of the target beneficiaries improved- (good health, housing, support for children education)
- Well established learning center which is a key resource for practical and technical support to beneficiaries
- Scaling up of TUSONGE programme to rural setups (Meru Maruvangu)